Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Wasatch Back

"Picture this: You and 11 of your closest friends running day and night, relay-style, through some of the most scenic terrain North America could muster. Add in live bands, inside jokes and a mild case of sleep deprivation. The result? Some call it a slumber party without sleep, pillows or deodorant. We call it a Ragnar Relay. Logan to Park City."

Sounds great, eh? Last year I was a last minute sub for a girl who broke her foot. I'd never even heard of this race. The Wasatch Back? What's that? But the minute we finished I started plotting for this year. I started to plan out how many hills I'd run to prepare, who I could con into running with me, what vans to use, and what team names were best.

And then the recruiting began. I'm sure there are people out there that I've asked at least a dozen times if they wanted to be on our team (if you'd just say yes the first time, we could have been spared!). We finally got a team together and decided who would run which legs. (But if you're interested, I know of other teams that still need runners.)

The race isn't until the middle of June, but I'm getting stinkin' excited about it. I've even made a spreadsheet for my training schedule (nerd meets running). Plus, as you may have noticed, I am now publishing my progress with my little runner, although she looks like she's running a LOT faster than I do. I'll take it.

After all this rambling, you may be asking yourself, "why is she posting this?" And here's the answer:

Our team name is IGNORANCE IS BLISSTERS and I'm looking for ideas to decorate our vans for the race. I'm not really excited about putting giant band-aids on the cars, and that's all I could come up with. We have 2 vans to decorate and many of the teams get really into it. But I'd like the vans to be usable afterward.

Any great ideas?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I don't have any ideas, but I love the name! It would be fun to run with you.

Meg said...

This sounds really fun, except for the running part...lol! You go girl!!! The name is awesome. I wish I had a great idea for you to decorate, but I am definitely a left brain person.

Kiirstin said...

How about Giant Mole Skin. It's better for blisters anyway.

Xazmin said...

This sounds so cool. You must tell me more about it!

Also, if it's not too expensive, you should totally use vinyl, then you can just peel it off!

Xazmin

Matt & Andrea said...

Ooh. I like the way you think.