Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Favorite Movie Quotes

If you know me even a little bit, you've heard me quote movies. So I thought I'd give all of you a chance to learn some of my favorite quotes. I skipped a few of the more obvious ones, but if you know what movie they're from, just comment. Bonus points if you can also name the character that said it.

1. "I am a lone reed, standing strong against the winds of commerce."
2. "Do chickens have large talons?"
3. "And yet I am unmoved."
4. "There is no charge for awesomeness. Or attractiveness."
5. "Hey! No forcefields!"
6. "Ugh, he's doing his own theme music."
7. "I've played a lot of cards-obviously. Wanna see my hand?"
8. "I could have been at a BARBEQUE!" "And WHAT IS THAT SMELL?!"
9. "Thank you for saving my bride, peasants."
10 "These potatoes are so creamy..."
11. "Oh, Bruiser, honey, you just look parched!"
12. "You smell like beef and cheese." "You sit on a throne of lies."
13. "I wish I could speak whale."
14. "Here I am, your own personal Greek statue."
15. "Here's your breakfast. And it's happy to see ya!"
16. "Oh, that's nothing, _________ can make it with a whole jar of spiders in her hands."
17. "Ain't nobody say, 'I don't like no parfait.'"
18. "Great! Real bullets! You're in big trouble, mister!"
19. "I wouldn't say that I am. I only know that my friends think so."
20. "This is our puppet burn hospital. It's relatively new."

6 comments:

Valerie said...

Oooh! Cool!
1. Meg Ryan, You've Got Mail
2.
3. Papa, Pride and Predjudice
4. Po, Kung Fu Panda
5. ? The Incredibles?
6.
7. Bass Player, That Thing You Do
8.
9. Prince, Enchanted
10. Mom, While You Were Sleeping
11. Elle, Legally Blonde
12.
13. Dory, Finding Nemo
14. ? Hercules?
15.
16. Leisel, Sound of Music
17.
18. The Man Who Knew Too Little
19. Pride and Prejudice
20. Johnny Depp, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Matt & Andrea said...

Not bad! Not bad at all! But I am surprised that you missed #18 and #19. Those are classic Clark quotes! (For those of you guessing, #14 is also not right.)

Kiirstin said...

#20 is a personal favorite.

Xazmin said...

Okay, I only got 2. Napoleon Dynamite, 6. Emperor's New Groove, 12. Elf, 13. Finding Nemo, 15. Mulan, That's all I got!

Matt & Andrea said...

Xazmin, I'm seeing a pattern in your answers. They're all kids' movies! That's great! I quote them and I don't even have kids yet.

kirsten said...

okay, #18 is Three Amigos and 19 is Emma. #6 is Emporer's New Groove, #15 is Mulan
(tessa is reading over my shoulder - she's very excited that she knows so many of them)