Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cinnamon Almonds

So, I've had a few people ask me for the recipe for the almonds. Matt has tweeked it a bit, but here's the recipe we started with. We don't usually use vanilla. Matt has also tried it boiling the almonds a little before adding the cinnamon and sugar for softer nuts. Let me know how you like them!
Cinnamon Almonds

2 c whole almonds
1 c sugar
1 ½ tbsp cinnamon
¼ c water
1 to 1 ½ tsp vanilla (optional)
Mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle evenly over nuts in a non-stick skillet. Combine water and vanilla in separate bowl. Pour liquids over nut mixture. Mix and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature to medium heat. Stir constantly for about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and place on wax paper. Separate with a wooden spoon so that they don’t stick together, and cool. Nuts will be very hot-don’t eat until slightly cooled (even though they smell delicious and it will be very difficult to resist!).

3 comments:

Kiirstin said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Valerie said...

Why should we make it if Matt already has? I'll be over soon to taste test for you. Yum.

Xazmin said...

These are so yummy! Thanks for the ones you brought to me... Except I hardly got any because my mom came over to babysit, and when I got home they were all gone!

Xazmin