Friday, April 10, 2009

Bring on the Disasters!

Matt and I have been married for over 8 years now, and I've been working on getting my food storage that WHOLE TIME! I've added a little here and there, and moved the whole collection a few times (thanks, Julie) in my quest for the perfect food storage set-up. Our new house has a marvelous food storage room, complete with built-in shelves for the smaller cans and space for my 5 Superman-proof shelves for the #10 cans.
But I think a food storage just isn't complete without...you guessed it--CHOCOLATE!
I am now happy to report that we finally have our full year's supply! It only took 8+ years. (If anyone wants to come over to look at it and "ooooh" and "aaahh", I'm only too happy to oblige.)

5 comments:

Meg said...

Congratulations Andrea! That is really an amazing accomplishment. I am soooo jealous! I worry about food storage all the time and I am constantly adding to it. I think it will be a very long time before I have a year's supply! You said something about a new house. Did you guys move recently?

Valerie said...

Can I ooh and aah from here? Happy to. Oooh. Aaah. You're so cool. And your shelves --- very cool too. And once you get a #10 can of Reeses Pieces, I'll come stay with you to weather out any disaster!

MerrittBadges said...

Only if I can open your M&Ms.

Neiko said...

I need to know if you have green skittles stored - because you and I know that they are the necessary item! Plus we will need your address because we have no food storage so we will share yours! :)

Jenn & Kiddos said...

Hi Andrea!! All I can say is HOLY COW!! You have really inspired me!! I have exactly 8 #10 cans in my food storage. I better get crackin'!! Pretty Impressive!