Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Family Pictures

A while ago I wrote about the sad timing of our last family photo session. After waiting more than 7 years, we ended up getting pictures taken just 3 weeks before Emma joined our family. So I begged my sister-in-law, Gretchen, to take some pictures of the New and Improved Holgate Family.

"Mom and Dad, this is just cheesy."
The pictures are definitely improved with Emma in them. Even when she's had enough and just wants to take a nap. I giggle every time I see this picture. (I really was trying to get a picture of the Easter dress I made Emma. My mom always made us an Easter dress, so I wanted to carry on that tradition. I'm pretty proud of myself.)

Ta-da! A picture with ALL THREE of us smiling. It's hard enough to get both me and Matt smiling, let alone a 2-month old!

We also wanted a picture of Emma with the sweater and blanket that Matt's Mom made for her. Too cute!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

What a beautiful family! I love it!

Missy said...

So very cute. I can't believe you got Emma to smile in that picture. Very impressed with the dress making skills.

Dadra said...

These are adorable pictures. What a good looking family you make!!

kirsten said...

way cute!

Alona said...

She really is adorable. I love your family pictures! :)