Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wind and Picture Frames

I've LOVED the weather this week. 50s and 60s, kinda windy, a few sprinkles here and there. But I love it. I'm a storm girl. I grew up in Maryland (mostly) where they have real rainstorms. Not like the whimpy ones here.
Huge, heavy raindrops.
Lots of wind.
Bright lightening.
And especially big puddles to splash in barefoot.
I have several pictures of me as a kid standing outside in a rainstorm, holding an umbrella, and walking barefoot down the ditch in our front yard. It doesn't get much better than that!

Now, don't get me wrong. A beautiful, sunny day definitely lifts the spirits, I just don't mind the clouds and the wind.

So, the weather this week made me excited for spring and warmer weather (and a few rainstorms). It was warm enough to open windows. And that made me look at the walls around the windows and think, "Wow. That could use some sprucing up." So I've been working on tiny projects around the house. I've put up new towel hooks and rings, hung a few more pictures (although I still can't find the perfect spot for my framed melted-carpet-in-the-shape-of-an-iron), changed a couple light fixtures, rearranged furniture, and I've even broken out the power tools a couple times. Bob Villa, move over!

What are you doing for your "Spring Cleaning"?

1 comment:

Meg said...

Hi Andrea! I got your blog address from Facebook. I love it!! I added you to my blog list, hope that's ok. Spring is my favorite time of year too. I have a huge list of projects to do in this wonderful, cozy lil' house you helped us find. We are starting this spring with updating the downstairs bathroom and building a shed in back of the garage. I agree that there is something about the warmer weather that makes me want to get stuff done!!